Sunday 1 May 2011

Yesterday at the Ladies Gala

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu!


Yesterday, yesterday, yesterday! It was my first time attending a gala, or participating in a silent auction. I arrived to set up the henna booth around 3:30pm only to find a few sisters there. The event would start at 5:30pm, so I thought I would have plenty of time, right? Nope! There was an essential prop missing for my display, a partition that I needed to hang a black background. Al-humdulillah, I didn't have what I wanted, but with fishing string and garbage bag ties, I managed to get something by 5:45pm! Here's the results:





I didn't take pictures of the henna I did on people because the Gala requested no picture taking within the hall. Insha ALLAH next time.


The henna booth raised a total of 150$, which is pretty good considering I was doing 2-5$ henna designs only (wow. how many hands was that?) I definitely regretted not having any business cards, but now I know what my next step is insha ALLAH. Al-Hmdulillah 'alaa kull hal.


The Blue Mosque Istanbul picture you see on the right side ------> was auctioned off at a minimum bid of 100$,al-humdulillah. I'm not sure the amount of the highest bid.


This painting here was auctioned off as well, who's highest bidder happened to be an old friend of mine:








All-in-all it was a good first experience and a perfect opportunity to advertise. I'm really grateful, ya Rub lakal humb wa shukr.


'ilal li qat insha ALLAH my faith-sisters, wa salaamu alaaykum wa rahmtullahi wa barakaatu

No comments:

Post a Comment